Auto Mart ran a survey between 10 and 16 April 2020 to better understand the impact the lockdown has had on the automotive industry. So, based on those results and our conclusions, we then decided to do a second survey that focuses more on marketing your automotive business during the lockdown and beyond. See below the results of our digital marketing survey.
1. Have you increased or decreased your marketing budget due to the lockdown?
2. What would you need from your marketing at this time?
3. Where have you focused most of your digital marketing budget?
4. Will video become an important advertising medium due to social distancing?
5. Do you believe that marketing has become more or less crucial due to the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown?
6. How would you target your marketing during this time to make it more effective?
7. How effective is your social media marketing?
8. Are you aware of our Game Changer campaigns?
9. Are you aware of our Audience Targeted Campaigns?
- Most dealerships have either decreased their marketing budgets or kept it the same.
- The majority of responders have invested more marketing budget in Facebook during lockdown, as their social media marketing efforts prove to be effective.
- Video marketing will definitely become more important as we go into the next phases of a soft-lockdown and social distancing.
- The majority of responders also agreed that digital marketing during the COVID-19 pandemic is crucial.
We would like to thank everyone who participated in the survey. Please keep an eye out for future surveys and updates.